Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stawbanana Bread

I love to bake. Like really love it. I haven't been doing much of it lately though for multiple reasons. I don't work, so I don't have a place to bring all of my goodies to ensure they all get eaten. I'm still trying to lose some weight which is impossible with treats in the house because I have zero self control when it comes to baked goods. And with a very needy 4 month old, I rarely have time. But while he was napping tonight I decided to try a quick bread I saw on Pinterest.

I love strawberry and banana together but had never thought of putting them together for a bread. So tonight I did, and it was delicious! The perfect bread for breakfast. I like to believe it's healthy also, aside from the sugar and butter. The bread turned out super moist with just a slight tang from the strawberries. It smelled amazing while it was baking, so much so that my husband was a little worried when I said it was a breakfast bread, thinking he would have to wait a whole day to eat it. It's been awhile since I have had a successful bread.

Please note, I am not a photographer so these aren't the best pictures but at least you can see the finished product

I stuck to the recipe, except I didn't use Greek yogurt. I used plain vanilla yogurt instead because it's what I had and I didn't feel like buying a separate cup of yogurt just for this recipe. It turned out just fine.

Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 ripe bananas
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add butter and sugar and mix well. Then add yogurt, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and flour. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in sliced strawberries.
5. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes.
Recipe from Pass the Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...