Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spinach Artichoke dip

I made spinach artichoke dip for the game that shall not be named this past Sunday. It's my go-to dip for any big event or holiday, and every time I've brought it to share, someone asks for the recipe. It's that good. My husband asks for me to make it every time an opportunity arises, and if you know anything about my husband, he normally wouldn't touch a green vegetable even if his life depended on it. But this one he loves. It's not healthy, don't let the spinach or artichoke fool you. But my husband likes to believe vitamins beat up calories and therefore we break even so if you want to follow that idea, then there's no foul. Unfortunately it doesn't picture well at all so I'm not even going to post a picture as to not discourage you from trying a truly delicious dish. So try it!
Ingredients
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
2 14oz cans of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan, divided*
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp basil
*in place of 1/2 cup of parmesan used mixed in dish, I have substituted an Italian cheese blend in the past which also works well


1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream together cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup parmasen, garlic and basil
2. Add spinach and artichokes, blend
3. Pour into a 13x9 dish and top with other 1/2 cup parmesan
5. Bake for 25 minutes

I usually like to broil it for an additional few minutes at the end so the cheese browns a little on top. Serve with tortilla chips, pita, crackers, french bread or whatever else you might have around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...