Saturday, February 11, 2012

Words to live by

"I want to be clear and here are the values I stand for. I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me those are traditional values. That's what I stand for."
-Ellen Degeneres


I wish more people had these same values. This is what I stand for and what I hope to teach my son one day. It's too bad that there are so many people in the world who don't stand for those same things, and they are so blinded by hate to realize the goodness and great intentions of others. 


If you are unfamiliar with the current fight between JCPenney/Ellen Degeneres and "One Million Moms" group on facebook, here is a link. Of all the issues in the world, I'm always shocked by the battles some people choose and the reasons behind it. I'm not sure who "One Million Moms" is talking about in respects to a traditional family, but their idea of traditional certainly doesn't represent my family or beliefs. 


Reading the quote above solidifies the reason Ellen Degeneres should be a spokesperson and role model. She is kind and respectful to all people, and that's the way life should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...