Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I love Pinterest. Every time I need something to eat, I can just hop on there and find a million ideas. This week I was in the mood for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made cookies in quite awhile, and I thought I'd choose some oatmeal cookies because oatmeal helps boost milk supply (in case you didn't know that handy tip, breastfeeding mamas) so I figured Boston could fatten up too.

Chewy Chocolate & Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cream butter and sugars until smooth.
3.Add egg and vanilla, beat til well combined.
4.Stir in flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon on medium speed.
5. Beat in oats.
6. Fold in chocolate and butterscotch chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
7. Remove dough and roll into 1 inch balls, place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes
Adapted from How Sweet It Is

These were really good. They had just enough oats to stay soft and only slightly chewy. I really prefer my cookies to be cakey so these were great for me. I liked the combination of chocolate and butterscotch, but feel free to omit one or the other because it is pretty powerful. What I dug most about this recipe though was the hint of cinnamon. It really put them over the edge. I would absolutely make these again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat cookies til I get sick. They're that damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...