Monday, February 13, 2012

Meatless Monday : Gooey Three Cheese Lasagna

I am sitting in my recliner in an utter state of bliss. I am stuffed from one of my favorite meals, watching the Lady Gaga inspired episode of Glee (def my new favorite show) and my poor sick baby is peacefully sleeping, aka not screaming in my face. The not screaming part is the really great part because he's spent the majority of every day the past week working his lungs and vocal cords as hard as possible and I've had a baby induced headache for a few days now.

I just started watching Glee in the past week or so and I'm already almost done with the first season. I love it! It's the perfect mix of fun songs and performances and teenage drama. I love that it hits so many of the important issues like teen pregnancy, sex, disabilities, bullying, gay-rights, self esteem... the list goes on. Plus it's freaking hilarious. I can't get enough.

I've always wanted to dabble in vegetarianism and limiting our meat consumption but it's kind of tough to get my husband on board. So I've decided to implement meatless Mondays in our house for awhile. I have been craving lasagna for awhile so I finally decided to try a recipe I snagged off of Pinterest for three cheese lasagna. I made some adjustments and I really enjoyed it. So much gooey cheesy wonderfulness! In fact as soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going to dive face first into another piece.

Gooey Three Cheese Lasagna
Ingredients
1 jar of marinara
8oz shredded mozzarella
12 oz ricotta
Roughly a cup of shredded parmesan
No boil lasagna noodles
Preheat oven at 375. Mix the ricotta and parmesan in a seperate bowl. Using a 9x9 pan, spread a small layer of marinara on the bottom then top with a couple noodles. Layer a 1/3 of marinara on top of the noodles, then use a 1/3 of ricotta/parmesan mixture, then 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining marinara, bake for 45 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before eating.
Super easy and tasty. I'm lazy so I use pre-made sauce and no boil noodles. The noodles came out perfectly tender so why bother? Probably the easiest lasagna I've ever made and turned out amazing.
Slightly adapted from canyoustayfordinner

Lady Gaga inspired Glee + lasagna + sleeping baby = perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...