Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vanilla Pumpkin Muffins

I love pumpkin, I can't wait for it to be season appropriate and the second it's considered fall, I'm so anxious to start making pumpkin inspired food! This past year we moved to the east coast and were here for the hurricane. It wasn't too bad in our area but others were hit really hard. I had heard over the radio that because of all the damage caused by the hurricane that there would be a pumpkin shortage this past season. I immediately panicked, I mean how was I supposed to make gooey butter pumpkin bars?! My grandparents were in Indiana at the time visiting family and were going to be driving out to see us in October so I asked my grandma if she could please bring me a couple cans of pumpkin puree so I could at least bake a couple dishes for the holidays. My grandma always goes overboard and they brought me 16 cans of pumpkin!! I was so stoked but I'm still working on using it up because my husband can't take too much of the same flavor for long so I've been spacing it out. But it's been awhile and I thought it was time for some more pumpkin in this life.
This recipe is beyond easy, I suppose it's hardly a recipe. Cake mixes are becoming so versatile and the more I read through blogs, the more I realize how much you can do with a cake mix! I've been making cake mix cookies for a few years now but I've never made muffins. These have a fairly mild pumpkin flavor but it's there enough. The muffins themselves are very light and fluffy and much more cake like then your typical muffin. I will absolutely make these again. They're my dinner for tonight!

Vanilla Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients
1 box vanilla cake mix
2 egg whites
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly beat egg whites in a large bowl. Stir in cake mix and pumpkin until combined. Divide into cupcake liners that are lightly greased with oil or cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes and you're done! That's seriously it, and I'm letting myself believe that since this is a cake mix and you only use pumpkin and egg whites, that it's fairly healthy. It's gotta be better then a muffin with cups of sugar and a stick of butter, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...