Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pizza Bites

Anyone living in the Northeast, I hope you're staying warm and safe at home! We're having a pretty intense blizzard right now and have gotten about 8" of snow since yesterday evening. My husband's classes were cancelled today so we're bumming at home, watching The Challenge: Battle of the Exes and eating awful food. And by awful, I mean awfully awesome and not good for you. This snow feels like nothing to me, being from Alaska we didn't pause for anything less then a foot. But it is a big deal here!


My husband loves pizza and could eat it in all forms. I tried this recipe during the NFL playoffs and loved it, plus it's super simple and with the most basic ingredients. It would make a great appetizer or fun, kid-friendly (or in my case, husband friendly) meal.

Pizza Bites
Ingredients
1 batch of pizza dough (I used pre-made)
Mozzarella or your choice of cheese
Whatever filling you want, I went with pepperoni and Italian sausage
Olive oil
Parmesan
Italian Seasoning
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9" cake pan. Pull of small chunks of pizza dough, about 1 1/2" diameter or so and flatten. Stuff cheese and your choice of fillings inside, wrap dough all the way around the filling and pinch closed. Place seam down in cake pan, placing each "bite" snugly next to each other. Repeat until you've used all dough. Brush the top of the bites lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle Parmesan and Italian seasoning on top. Bake about 16-20 minutes, until golden. Serve warm and with pizza or marinara sauce to dip!
Adapted from Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...