Saturday, March 3, 2012

Twix Brownies

I truly hadn't stopped thinking about chocolate in days when I finally caved and made these Twix brownies. They were just what I needed! I'll be honest, I didn't use nearly the amount of Twix that was called for and I should have, but I didn't intentionally skip out. My lovely husband munched away on them while I was doing the other prep and by the time I realized, it was too late and he'd polished most of them off. So my batch only had a slight addition of Twix, but I did like the caramel topping. These would be a great brownie recipe without the additions, they were really chocolatey and sweet. However if you're looking for a more fudge like brownie, these aren't for you as they are fluffier and more cake like. I still really enjoyed them but I love most brownies. I know for some people the whole point of a brownie as opposed to cake is to have that dense, fudge like texture.
I don't know if I would make these again or not. I did like them, but they weren't over-the-top special to me. Of course had I added the correct amount of Twix I might feel differently.
Anyway, I took pictures but mine look like regular brownies, not anything special but here is the recipe and if you want to see what they look like, check out twopeasandtheirpod
Twix Caramel Brownies
Ingredients
1 cup of butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
3/4 cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped Twix bars
1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside
Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and melt. Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well each time. Add cocoa and stir til well blended. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined. Stir in Twix pieces. Pour batter into pan.
Drizzle caramel evenly over brownies, then use a toothpick to swirl the caramel into brownies. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until brownies start to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Have I ever mentioned how much I despise recipes that require me to wait until the dessert is completely cool before I eat it? Half the time I don't actually wait... this time I did though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...