Thursday, March 22, 2012

Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake

My ideal day out for coffee would be at the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble with my best friend, drinking a skinny vanilla chai tea and eating iced lemon loaf. I can't think of a better way to relax. I have looked around for a copycat recipe for their lemon loaf for awhile and never found one that had good reviews or looked right. Today someone pinned this recipe and I literally pinned it, went and got the ingredients and planned to make it just a few hours later. I was so excited! And it didn't let me down. I love this pound cake. It had just the right amount of lemon, the icing was perfect, and the cake itself was light, so moist and just delicious! I'll be making this time and time again. And it was so easy! Literally dump the ingredients into your mixer bowl and beat for 1 1/2 minutes. This would be a great treat for company and I'm going to attempt to freeze the second loaf (minus the icing) to have another time. 

Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake Copycat
Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 3.4 oz package lemon pudding
1/2 cup oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces sour cream
6 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended; about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour mixture into 2 well greased loaf pans. Bake 40-50 minutes until golden. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then drizzle with icing. 
Icing
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
Mix well until it reaches a thick consistency you can drizzle. Drizzle over the cakes and let set about 20 minutes until hardened. 

Make this cake! It's delicious! If I had my Chai tea, this would be the best night ever. I've already eaten 1/3 of the loaf and don't plan on stopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...