Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A year in pictures, 2011

I can't believe it's already the last day of January and the first month of a new year is already over. Time is flying by at an unreasonable rate. So much in our life has changed in the past year, and I'd like to share my favorite picture from each month of 2011, so I can take a moment to reminisce.

January
One of my best friends, Sarah, and I on new years. This is me at one of my finest, most fun moments. Slightly intoxicated (okay, maybe more then slightly) with a totally uninhibited smile on my face. Little did I know this would be my last big partying hurrah sans-baby. We were still in our home in England and this is hands down one of my most favorite nights while living there. And one of my favorite people of all time. Seriously, my life is pretty sad without her as we have so many similar interests and thoughts, I feel like my long lost twin has become lost once more.
February

My very first ultrasound of Boston. 5 weeks, 6 days and the most amazing flickering heartbeat which gave me the huge sigh of relief I needed. This photo changed our life. 
March
Stella managed to get into some charcoal outside, and wore the shame of the event right on her face. Stella is the most amazing dog on the planet. It's not an exaggeration. If you met her, you'd agree. She is so funny and energetic and loving and full of character and I could continue with one hell of a run on sentence but I won't. This photo still makes me laugh because it fits her to a T. I truly adore her.
April
I have to cheat and post 2 photos because April was a huge month for me. Above is my gender ultrasound and the day we found out we were expecting a boy. It was a great day, and I don't think I have ever seen my husband so excited. 


You may be wondering why I've posted some random photo of the Royal Wedding. Well my friend, this is not a random photo. This is my photo taken with my camera because I was there. I saw this with my own two eyes. History in the making. I was lucky enough to go to London for the royal wedding with a big group of girlfriends and my friend Sarah and I found one of the best spots on the parade field to witness the royal family go by in their carriages. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. 
May
This is a quilt Sarah made for Boston. Her first quilt ever and she made it especially for him. It's one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. Needless to say, I have some truly amazing friends.
June
I was 24 weeks pregnant here and it's the first photo where you can tell I'm pregnant. I was so excited to finally show and I felt great! Plus we had finally made it back to America!
July

This was at our baby shower. My sister-in-law planned the most perfect baby shower for us and everyone went above and beyond for it. Everything was beautiful and everyone pitched in whether it was set up or food or gifts. It was perfect and I loved seeing how excited everyone was for Boston to arrive and could feel so much love for him.
August
Silly, right? But anyone who knows me knows I'm a dessert girl and finally I had a legit reason to indulge in every single craving, even if it meant choosing 3 desserts off the menu in one night. I ate them all and they were all delicious.
September
Boston was born! This was our very first photo we texted and posted to introduce everyone to our little guy. The day is mostly a blur but the important parts shine and he is just so freaking amazing. Nothing in my life compares to this moment. Nothing.
October
My dad and grandparents came to meet Boston and spend time with us. My mom was already here and was there for his birth, but introducing him to my dad and grandparents, and officially making them grand and great-grands was a special moment. I loved sharing him with them and seeing them get to interact. We don't live near so visits will be far between, so these moments are precious.
November
In November, Steven's parents and little brother were able to come for a visit and meet Boston. They loved him just like my family did. And this photo is just adorable.
December
Boston meeting santa! Okay, it was kind of a lame Santa but Boston did so well. I was majorly excited for Christmas, especially with it being our first as a family and a Santa picture was a must.

So there you have it, my year in pictures. There are a few months that I wish I could post multiple photos and write paragraphs about but for blogging purposes I figured I better limit it. It was an eventful year for us though and of course Boston was our highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...