- Loud - My baby makes a lot of noise. I yell a lot. My husband farts loud and plays loud video games. So it's pretty noisy here, you don't come to this house for peace and quiet.
- Messy - I'm a terrible housekeeper and it's obvious when you come to my house. I make a semi honest effort but cleaning sucks and is a lame way to spend your time when you only get a small window of personal time each day. And that darn baby never picks up his junk so there's toys all over the house.
- Squeaky - My dryer squeaks. And when my washer is running, my whole house rattles since it's pretty small. I have this baker's rack in my kitchen that shakes and squeaks against the wall. And occasionally as the house "settles" my doors rattle and squeak. It's really annoying when I'm trying to watch E! True Hollywood Story
- Tiny - We live in a very small house with minimal storage space. We've had to get creative about storage and we've also been pretty lazy about it sometimes too which is another reason for word #2
- Sticky - Baby hands on everything equals a lot of stick, combined with #2 and the fact I hate mopping, it's kinda sticky here.
- Furry - My dog sheds everywhere. She doesn't even have that much fur, she's just a Jack Russel but somehow her hair ends up on everything. Sometimes I find her fur on things she hasn't even seen or touched before, 100 miles away from our house. It's ridiculous.
- Old - I don't know that for sure but I'm going to give it a wild guess and say our house is ancient. Our cabinets are very old school and our old stove was a safety hazard so I'd say it's a good guess.
- Comfy - Our couch is properly broken in and we have an awesome recliner. Our bed is pretty amazing too
- Silly - We like a lot of goofy things here. My husband acts like a mature 7 year old, my baby is a total goob, my dog is the dumbest Jack Russel I've ever encountered, and I can't say I've grown up much since high school.
- Love - There is a lot of love in this house. An amazing man I've had the privilege of being with for a decade, the most precious and wanted 8 month old you'll ever meet, and a dog so dumb you can't help but love her... Yep, there's a lot of love in this house.
Monday, May 28, 2012
I frequent a few blogs that do daily blog hops and I really have enjoyed the Monday Listicles so I thought I'd try to make it a regular here. FYI, chances are I won't do this every Monday but I will make an honest attempt. Today's topic chosen by Stasha at Northwestmommy is 10 words to describe your home. If you know me well, you'll know I'm not a big fan of my current house but given certain circumstances we'll be here for a little while and I'm trying to make the best of it. Here's my home in 10: