1. My husband and I started dating when we were 15. He asked me out at a bowling alley. Adorable, right? He typed it out on the little bowling screen and I was a shy, frazzled little 15 year old girl so I typed "yes" back. And that's how the magic started!
2. I moved to Illinois with Steven when I was 19. Long story short, he moved there and I followed a few months later. My first weekend there he picked me up in St Louis and we stayed for a couple nights. I had never lived anywhere other then Alaska and hadn't really spent time in major cities so it was really exciting for me. We went to the zoo, city museum, botanical gardens, and the Gateway Arch and had the best time. It was our first real adventure as adults.
|On the London Eye while we lived in England|
5. Moving to England. Oh man we were excited! We were really on our own for the first time in our lives. I mean we had lived on our own for awhile back in Alaska but this was different, this was just us with no one else around. Our first time as our own little family and to top it off, we were in another country! It had a lot of ups and downs but we made the best of it and I loved our life together there, even the crappy parts because it helped us grow so much as a couple.
7. The day we found out we were expecting. We had had two losses prior to my pregnancy with Boston so seeing that plus sign on the test was really nerve wrecking for me but he was so excited and eager to tell our families. And being cautious, I really wanted to wait until we were out of the first trimester to share the news with anyone other than our parents but he just couldn't wait. Finally he forced it out of me after a few ultrasounds and he called everyone he could think of to share the news.
|Told you he's the best road trip partner|
8. Finding out we were having a boy. Steven was so proud and just gleaming and happy when we saw our little guy on the ultrasound screen. All afternoon all he could talk about was the fun things they'd do together, all of the great things he was going to teach him, and how awesome it was that he was going to have a son.
9. The day Boston was born. This is by far, my favorite memory of all. My husband was an amazing labor partner and though he doesn't handle the icky stuff well, he just stayed right next to my face, holding my hand and telling me how amazing I was until Boston had arrived. And the light in his eyes while holding his new baby boy was so beautiful. He couldn't get enough of him either, he couldn't wait to hold him and then I couldn't get him to put him down! He was one proud daddy.
|My 2 loves|
|Epic Pirate Party|
|Halloween! In our first apartment|
We have made a lot of amazing memories in our decade together. I know most of what I've shared are the big things; the milestone,s but we have a lot of great little moments also. My husband is pretty damn cool, I'm lucky to have him.